Our awards are simple to enter and open to all UK FE Colleges and providers.
All the information below will help you prepare your entry.
- Entry is free
- You will need to register with us in order to enter our awards this year*, but your details will only be used by us for awards-related communications. Once registered, your details will be retained on the site whenever you are logged in, and consequently you will not be required to re-enter them when making additional submissions
- Once your account has been created, you will have greater control over your entries, which can now be drafted and revised up until you decide to click on the ‘SUBMIT’ button. Just click ‘SAVE’ any time you wish to exit an incomplete submission
- All entries should be endorsed by the applicant’s institution or organisation
- If your entry relates to an initiative or project carried out in collaboration with other colleges or providers, the submission should come from the lead college or provider, and any shortlisting will be in the name of that college or provider. If you are successful we will give credit to partner colleges and providers at the awards ceremony where appropriate
- These awards celebrate achievements during the 2019-2020 academic year and are open to all colleges and providers
We will accept submissions based on projects, initiatives or endeavours that commenced prior to the 2019-2020 academic year, provided that core achievements have taken place during this main period of focus. We will also accept any evidence that has come to light after the close of the 2019-2020 academic year if this further underlines success
- All entries must be submitted online. The submission text should be no more than 500 words in length, and must address the key criteria set out for the relevant category.
- In addition you may include up to three sets of supporting materials; each must be no more than two sides of A4 in length.
Please see below for more details on the supporting material requirements
- If you wish to include tables please upload these as part of your supporting materials rather than including them within your submission text
- You can enter as many categories as you wish, but you must complete a separate submission for each
- You may also submit more than one entry per category when projects or initiatives are distinctive and unrelated. Otherwise, it is advisable to combine the best elements of each in a stronger single entry
- You may enter a project that has been undertaken in collaboration with an external public or private partner, but the award will be given to the winning institution only
- If there is no lead college or provider in a collaborative project, to avoid multiple entries focusing on the same project please agree who will make the submission on behalf of the group. All partners will be credited at the awards evening
- If we do not receive sufficient entries to form a full shortlist for a specific category, we have the right to withdraw the category.
- The website is open for entries until midnight on Friday 5 March 2021
A maximum of 3 supplementary documents are permitted
- Documents should be in PDF or Word doc. format
- Each document should not exceed two sides of A4
- Ofsted reports will not be accepted
Supporting material may include photographs, documents containing statistics, testimonials, supporting research, evaluation or press cuttings and promotional material; please highlight any sections you believe are particularly relevant. PowerPoint and video files will not be accepted; however, you may submit screenshots or a URL.
Any information submitted outside these guidelines will not be considered as part of the submission
Preparing your entry
- When preparing your 500 word submission please review the entry criteria carefully
- Ensure that your submission contains sufficient robust information. Please include relevant facts and figures where possible. Some categories may ask you to include details of a particular initiative or initiatives; please think carefully about these and select those that best promote your expertise
- As well as completing the 'Institution name' field on the application form, please ensure that you also enter the specific team or project in the nominee field
Please note that we will use the 'Institution name' rather than that of the project or team in our coverage, although on the awards day we will refer more specifically to the shortlisted project or team.
On receipt of your submission, a unique ID number will be generated and emailed to you. This will be quoted in subsequent FE 2021 correspondence relating to your entry, including any notification of shortlisting, so please do cross-check this, particularly if your institution has submitted multiple entries in any given category
The contact details you provide in your entry form will be used throughout the awards process. If these details change after the form has been submitted please send the new contact information by email to email@example.com